Monday, March 19, 2007

Too Big For Small Talk.

Too big or too shy?

People who know me would say Im too shy, but what do they know?

This is almost a daily occurrence when I'm picking something up for the old man and i have to get help to load or unload shit from the truck, after a minute of quite the small talk kicks in.

They will pop in with a question, always a fucking question.

Something like "Hows things picking up?" will just throw me off guard.

I want to come back with a "what things?" but Im in construction god damn it, this asshole means "is business picking up?"

So i tell him "It's ok"

After that he doesn't say another word, Im happy, but then the air gets awkward, like it was the wrong answer.

The other type of small talk isn't really small talk at all, its more of a joke that the asshole prides himself on, makes him feel big.

Something like "Old man pulling you too hard?" or "After this you should be asking the boss for a raise"

What the fuck sort of shit is this? If you got nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

I try to come back with a good one liner, but i always fall flat with some lame "I beg for one raise everyday"

ugh, why don't I just punch myself in the nuts, but not to worry, the asshole still giggles about it.

The thing is I'm not all there, I'm out saving the world from evil, beating up evil, tossing evil into a hole after i set evil on fire, raping evil's mom, dancing on evil's grave, finding away to bring back evil as a zombie.

My body is working, but my mind is miles away.

Example

Then thats when they attack with an easy question that i can't answer, my mind whips back into my head and i begin to think about what type of engine is inside the truck I drive.

Example

I try to think about it, but the truth is i don't know anything about the truck i drive, sorry, i start to think to myself "why don't i know that?" but then i remember "i don't care"

Example

Sometimes when I'm feeling crazy I'll just make shit up and mess with the guy, I'll tell him "uh L1-720 with 4 times hemmy" and if he says "oh yeah" and stops asking shit, then i win.

No comments: