Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Hang Of It.

I want to write, but I'm Lumines Handed!

Example

Not going to lie, they say that this is the worst version of Lumines, but 2 are for the PSP and you can also buy it off XBOX Live, but I'm not getting a PSP nor am I getting a 360 anytime soon so it's also the cheapest way to play Lumines. (for me anyway)

At 20 bucks this bare bones port of one of the first PSP games wears the word "plus" on the box, but don't let it fool you, it really should be called "Lumines Minus" (LOL)

Lumines is a game of two colors and music. Putting four or more small blocks together will shape an even bigger box, once a bigger box has been made a line that keeps moving from the left of the screen to right will take it away and give you points. Still don't get it? Don't worry, You really must play it to get it and you will suck the first few times, trust me.

You unlock "Skin Packs" (back rounds, Look of the blocks, Music) which can be done in a number of ways. In the main game you start at one skin then a few blocks later another skin will pop up which means you've unlocked it. You keep going for as long as you can, but once you lose you start back at the beginning, the same goes for the "vs. Com" mode. The game also has time attack were you make as many blocks as you can before time runs out.

For the lack of features the puzzle game itself holds up very well and i find myself going back to the main game even if it means starting from the very beginning every time.

I've been playing it more the SSX Tricky which i bought at the same time. We will see how long this Lumines lasts.

Example


(The PS2 is in the basement so playing it also means people asking me shit about the computer i never use and my dad telling me what i should be doing, i should get a small hot PS2 and a TV for my room, get some posters of my favorite rock crew Kiss. no wait fuck that i should really just move out)

No comments: