Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Back To The Same Old Basic Bah Bah Bah.

I just had to open my big mouth. Winter is back for one more scare and it picked a great time of the week. Just when i thought i was done with getting up early to cold crappy snow for another 6 or so months it comes rawwwwwwring back to piss me off.

Tomorrow starts at 5:00am for me because my shitty shift at some shit place under a bridge starts at 6. Hooray.

A full day of heavy lifting, meeting new people, forgetting new names and answering shitty questions.

"You in school? You like hockey? Girlfriend? Bitches? Bah Bah Bah?"

The best thing about being a temp is the agency calling you. They tell you the job and you tell them if you want to take it or not, makes you feel like some sort of big shot, kinda.

"$8.50 an hour? Who do you think your talking to?"

The thing about the whole temp life style(life style?) is that you never know what your going to get. When you get in the building you start to spot the good jobs, don't even kid yourself, you will never be doing the job you want. I just want a job alone that i can do for 10 hours and then leave. No fuss and no muss.

You will get shown around the building and meet people as some loud Machine in the back round is humming so no one can hear shit. You will then walk over to your station and meet the person you will be working with.

The partner. I always hope my partner is out going and will talk to me cause i sure as hell ain't fucking talking to him. Did i say him? Its not always a guy. Sometimes its a woman, not a good looking woman, but I've had my share of good looking partners.

anyway, after getting to know the partner they should fill you in on all the drama and shit that goes on, they will even tell you the easy way of doing the job.

If the job blows(like sucks so much it blows) then getting out of it is sort of tricky, the best way to getting out is waiting for lunch.(if you can make it till then) enter the lunch room and take a look around for the person that doesn't talk to anyone, the outcast or someone who doesn't speak English very well. Sit down and make some sort of small talk, maybe get deep into their lives, do they have kids? Do they have a house? how did their parents die? Shit like that.

Then when your done eating lunch (eat it fast) tell them that if anyone asks, you went home sick. (or if you can act sick then be my guest, I've haven't acted sick in a few years so i don't really know how i would do.)

Sneak out the back door so no one that cares will see you then run to your car and drive off.(gets the heart pumping) Get to a phone quick and tell the temp agency that you left the job and you've told someone that you left (better that you tell them then the people you just fucked over)

Thats just the basics. I want to say more, but i don't want the "tempers" after me. (they always need rides home)

No comments: