Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Star Feet Academy.

I had a guy in front of me as i was driving home from work with a window sticker that read "Star Fleet Academy".

The car was this small white piece of crap that had a trunk for a backseat(sort of stereotypical in a way) I had to see who the hell would have this sort of thing, so i got into the other lane and gunned it hard. (not really)

I tried to keep the car on the road and looked sideways at the same time (tricky thing if you know how my car is) I didn't see anything shocking, I was sort of expecting the unexpected(hot girl) What I got was a middle aged man with long greasy black hair, big glasses and a half-ass beard that was begging to be shaved (i can't really talk about that last one myself)

I'm all for geek pride, but not greasy loser geek pride, that sort of thing brings us all down.

(meanwhile, at the EB)

I walked into the EB on the way home to see if the new Tomb Raider game was in, after being told by the clerk lady that I was a day early I spotted Planet Puzzle League (Tetris Attack or Pokemon Puzzle Challenge or Pokemon Puzzle League but made for the DS) I said that I would like to buy it.

As the whole deal was going down this guy beside me was talking to the clerk lady about video game news and what the internet is talking about these days (it was sort of like he had been waiting around for an hour trying to come up with new things to talk about. Everytime the clerk lady said anything to him she had this "go away" tone to her voice) "Oh whats this? Looks like a new game for the DS? Planet Puzzle League? whats that about?"

I wanted to say "Its like Tetris Attack" but then he would ask "Whats that?" and then I would end up explaining how it works so fuck that noise. The clerk lady said "its different puzzles" (technically true) He then took a moment to think about something new to say, "so i hear.....like in japan that Nintendo is beating the PS3...like 5 to 1" I said "I'm sick of hearing about Nintendo" under my breath.

The clerk lady then asked him where he got this info and told him not to believe that sort of thing as fact.

A part of me wanted to jump into the conversation, but then I would be talking to a guy who hangs out at the EB and a woman who really doesn't care.

They kept talking and I GTFO LOL.

No comments: